Talk

Advanced search

5yr old DD punched a girl at school today

(4 Posts)
TheBightyMoosh Wed 08-May-13 20:24:20

My DD punched one of her class mates in the play ground today sad

There is a bit of history between them in that they are both feisty competitive girls who either love each other or loathe each other depending on what mood they're in. The other girl has hit my daughter before and there have been non physical confrontations - after the last one I told my DD to walk away if she felt angry or if she was getting upset. She has never been physically violent before - just a (typical) frustrated 5 yr old girl who can kick up quite a fuss when she doesn't get her own way.

As I understand it, the school has dealt with it (time out) and my DD has apologised but I just don't know how to handle it myself. I've explained that violence is unacceptable but I don't know if I should do more. Any ideas? Should I be worried?

BeerTricksPotter Wed 08-May-13 20:29:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBightyMoosh Thu 09-May-13 13:15:12

Thanks so much - my instinct was to keep it low key - she's already been punished, so I don't want to keep going over old ground. But I will keep on reiterating the 'walk away' message, and just keep an eye on things.

MadameSin Thu 09-May-13 18:53:28

Who used the word 'punched' out of interest? I've worked in a school and it's banded around by kids and teachers rather than just a hit. Not condoning either, just feel 'punch' sounds a lot worse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now