Talk

Advanced search

Help please! 1y DD has 3 molars crowning today!

(5 Posts)
50shadesofbrown Wed 08-May-13 11:51:26

I've tried everything, she is inconsolable. Baby ibuprofen, calpol, Dentinox. Cold things to bite. The first molar was fully crowned 2 days after first appearing & these seem to be coming just as quick.

Seeline Wed 08-May-13 11:59:19

ice lollies or frozen Frubes might help.
My DCs responded really well to the teething granule/powder sachets from Boots. One of my DSs first words was 'ganules' blush

NorthernLurker Wed 08-May-13 12:02:21

Are you sure it's teeth and not that she's actually unwell?

I don't think you'll be able to calm her immediately. Probably best thing is to put her in pram or sling and walk and walk with her. Cool, fresh air might help her and give the painkillers a chance to work. You could try walking to a chemist and get some anbesol - comes in a little bottle and you can dab some with your finger on her gums. It will tingle which distracts them at least.

NorthernLurker Wed 08-May-13 12:03:05

General rule of thumb with a distressed baby and distressed mum is get OUT of the house btw grin Even if it's raining or snowing!

50shadesofbrown Wed 08-May-13 12:15:03

Thanks for the replies. She has finally cried herself to sleep on my lap, 2 hours of screaming!
Northernlurker it's definitely teeth. Spotted one yesterday, the other 2 this morning. All 3 gums have little sharp points that weren't there a few days ago. She is also biting everything in sight, dribbling a lot (doesn't usually dribble) & runny nose. No temperature, rash etc.
She usually gags if we give her anything cold but I will keep trying this. Will look at the granules as well. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now