Talk

Advanced search

What is your Behaviour/Reward Scheme?

(10 Posts)
gigglewiggle Fri 19-May-06 13:33:14

Havent had to use a behaviour chart for a while but recently my ds (5) has been getting into trouble at school so now need to adopt some sort of scheme for good/bad behaviour. He isnt badly behaved at home, just clashes at school with another child.

I have printed some star charts and mini certificates off for when good and take away toys/tv/use of pc when bad - give back when good etc.

I needs some other reward incentives though..dont like using sweets and buying things becomes expensive.

What does everyone else do?

deegward Fri 19-May-06 13:35:35

My friend did this when her ds was getting into trouble at school, so many "merit marks" through the week, and he could have a friend home for tea. Some weeks he did, other weeks he knew why there wasn't someone coming home. I did admire her as I don't think I could have had someone home most weeks!

notasheep Fri 19-May-06 13:45:48

dd is allowed to stay up a little later on a Friday or Saturday night if she behaves,doesnt cost anything

gigglewiggle Fri 19-May-06 13:46:03

Whoops didnt realise that i had posted 4 others before this

FairyMum Fri 19-May-06 13:48:13

I don't have one. I don't believe in rewarding for good behaviour. IMO you dont behave well because you want to get a reward. Just my thought on it.

LilacBump Fri 19-May-06 13:49:14

DD (nearly 5) has a glass which we decorated wtih fairy stickers. we put shiny peddles in it. if she gets 10, she gets a treat such as a trip to the park, a tea party with DP and me, etc. it works for DD.

manitz Fri 19-May-06 14:26:25

do you do any punishment stuff too? Just asking cos i've just realised i don't have a scheme for rewarding only one for punishing. Am I being mean?

earthtomummy Fri 19-May-06 15:07:15

My DD has a necklace and one bead goes on it as a reward - eg. for not spitting out her juice at the table ( a recent and v. annoying new thing!). When she has 10 beads she gets a treat, which we chose to be non-material (cos we are broke!), and are gen. activities like making and decorating cakes with mummy or going to the adventure playground, or big painting (footprints etc in the garden on lining paper) etc. DS has the same scheme with Top Trump dinosaur cards. When he gets 10 he's chosen to go to the adventure playground. It's not that they don't do painting etc normally, but we just make it extra-special and with dstuff like the painting make it more unusual than normal. Anyway, DD loves the necklace thing.

kayzed Fri 19-May-06 15:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bresha Fri 19-May-06 15:38:03

My dd has a gold star sticker chart. It works really well for us. If she’s been good all day I will give her a star once she has 10 stars I give her a small reward witch she gets to choose. I give her a list of activities like face painting or going on a picnic and our local cinema have movies for juniors on Saturdays for £1 with is often her choice. It gives her some thing to look forward to and a reason to be behaved; I also stop playing with her when she is naughty and when she is playing nice I always praise her for it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: