Talk

Advanced search

15 months and no separation anxiety

(8 Posts)
3gorgeousgirlies Sat 04-May-13 21:53:47

Feeling abit worried by the fact my dd doesn't cling to me like other children of the same age. Can separation anxiety happen later?

PoppyWearer Sat 04-May-13 22:09:58

My 20mo DC2 is going through a bit of it now, if that helps?

My DC1 started nursery early (at 5.5mo) and we had intermittent bouts of it until recently (she is now in her first year at school). Am sure it'll flare up again in due course. But she never had it at the expected times!

MoleyMick Sun 05-May-13 05:51:18

My DS is 3 and he has never shown separation anxiety. He's affectionate etc but it's never bothered him to be left at kindy, his grandparents etc. he started kindy at 2 for 2 days a week and now he goes 3 days. DD is 15 months and will start 2 days a week soon and I think she'll be the same, pretty independent etc.
Better them be independent than clingy I think, as long as they seem happy and secure.

CorrieDale Sun 05-May-13 06:31:27

DS is 7. Has never had separation anxiety. I used to think he didn't love me and then I realised he was actually Just Like Me and happy in his own little world. Otoh dd's first sentence was 'mini! Rare are you?' But even so she never cried when being left at nursery. We're clearly a chilled family...

MummyJetsetter Sun 05-May-13 11:38:19

My ds is 3, he's loving and affectionate with is but is happy to be left with grandparents, friends, nursery etc. He has had a couple of short bouts of not wanting to go but they were short lived. I agree that it's better that they're confident rather than shy and clingy! x

AnnaClaudia Sun 05-May-13 12:50:12

None of my children have been clingy, so think its just some children that get like it. They are all individuals, so just enjoy the fact that you have a secure independent little one.

notcitrus Sun 05-May-13 13:50:29

Ds never cared who was looking after him, until a period of about 3 months when he was 3.
Dd on the other hand is apoplectic should MrNC or I be in the room and not available to hold her. Fine if we go away though.

3gorgeousgirlies Sun 05-May-13 20:25:00

Thanks everyone for posting.

Being the third dd, my dd is pretty confident and sociable.

I guess I need to stop worrying so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now