Talk

Advanced search

This is just a phase isn't it? Isn't it?!!!

(3 Posts)
Queenbee245 Tue 30-Apr-13 08:28:07

Almost 4yo is having what I can only describe as mood swings

He's normally a loving and sociable child, very cuddly with me and always talking to children or parents at the school
The last few days though he keeps telling me (and other children/adults)
to leave him alone, he's not coming home with me, going to live with aunty but then half hour later he will cry and ask for a cuddle
Is this normal? And how do I deal with it? I give him the cuddle but when he's in stroppy mode I literally have to carry him from school as he won't walk

CreatureRetorts Tue 30-Apr-13 12:33:48

Yes apparently boys have a testosterone surge at around 4.... I look forward to DS's hmm (his preschool warned me to expect it!)

He also might be tired after school. Did he start in September? It'll be catching up on him now especially if he's doing long days. My ds (3.6) likes to jump in the pushchair sometimes for the ride home (I have a toddler too hence the pushchair!)

Queenbee245 Tue 30-Apr-13 17:18:20

Yes he's in school but tbh the testosterone surge sounds more about right as he had a moment this morning after a good nights sleep
I hope it doesn't last long, it's so frustrating I don't know how best to deal with it, he doesn't want a cuddle untill after the strop and I can't really give him the naughty step etc as he isn't actually doing anything wrong as such

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now