Talk

Advanced search

My baby hates sleeping flat on her back help?

(6 Posts)
2013missmolly Thu 25-Apr-13 19:46:08

My baby hates sleeping flat on her back in her cot at night, after winding herself up for a minute she makes herself sick. She is fine in the day when in her rocker chair. Would it be safe proping her up a little ? I am not sure what to do for the best as i am a first time mum and could do with some advice.

Newrowsees Thu 25-Apr-13 19:57:08

How old is she? Both of mine hated lying on their backs too. My HV reckoned that once they were old enough to turn their heads from side to side, it was fine to put them either on their sides or on their front.

Newrowsees Thu 25-Apr-13 19:58:18

And yes, do try propping up the end of her cot first, with a very gentle incline of course.

2013missmolly Thu 25-Apr-13 20:17:06

She is 10 weeks old. Thanks for advice will try tonight.

Dey83 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:37:20

My baby has slept on her side from birth - helped greatly with reflux. Do read all the risks associated with SID and see if your baby is at risk then look at pros and cons. There are many other risk factors associated with SID follow your instincts.

lifesobeautiful Fri 26-Apr-13 00:23:19

My DS slept on his side with a supporter cushion specifically for side-sleeping - and I plan on putting my next one on her side too! But yes, the current NHS advice is to only put them on their back due to SIDS risk, so you need to read up on it. I had a movement sensor monitor from Angelcare which was brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now