Talk

Advanced search

early waking and not sleeping through

(2 Posts)
mermoss Thu 25-Apr-13 14:28:04

I had a great sleeper from 3 to 12 months. I was spoiled. I pretended to understand what people were talking about when they said they didn't know if they'd brushed their teeth or showered. I now live this pain daily. My little one has not slept through the night since he embarked on his 13th month. He is now 16, almost 17 months and we are lucky if he sleeps until 5. Hell is a place observed between the hours of midnight and 5 am. I know it is mainly teething but I am bordering on madness. I've tried putting him down earlier and now even as late as 8 PM! His normal bedtime has always been 6:30 pm and he takes a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, sometimes 1 hour in the morning but rarely. He still does not walk so I am thinking his brain might be on overdrive as every time I come in, he is yelling and standing in his cot. Please, can anyone help me? Sadly the answer is not medicine as it makes no real difference.

roz1982 Thu 25-Apr-13 14:55:55

that does sound nightmarish - no advice really, is he ok in the day? is the lack of sleep affecting him? is he grumpy? my ds is 18 months and generally a good sleeper although a little early sometimes, I know that when he is teething he defo wakes up earlier. Maybe post in sleep? might get better responses there. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now