Talk

Advanced search

DD 6.5 months and difficulty feeling

(2 Posts)
tigersmummy Thu 25-Apr-13 13:04:12

My DD is 6.5 months old and about 3 or so weeks ago I started giving her solids. It's been hit and miss to be honest, some days she will lap it up and others she will turn her head away. I take her to see a chiropractor very month and this week the chiropractor said she had a tight jaw and was overly leaning to the right and also that she had tendency to stick her tongue upwards rather than down. She gave me some exercises to encourage the tongue down (she's not tongue tied) like striking her chin and tickling her cheeks (also helps with teething apparently). The first day went well and she ate loads but the rest of the week it's reverted and she's been turning away and crying. Can anyone suggest anything?

cathan Thu 25-Apr-13 15:12:06

If some days she laps it up and other times turns her head away, I don't think there's too much to worry about. Weaning onto solids takes time and babies have preferences and off days, just like you do. Some foods will be more popular and some days she'll be more or less hungry. As long as she's still having a lot of milk, it doesn't really matter how much solid food she eats. At this stage, you're just trying to get her used to solids not provide complete nutrition. If you're still worried in a month or so, consult your HV as they will be able to advise. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now