Talk

Advanced search

I think my son may be superman...

(5 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Wed 24-Apr-13 21:29:07

It's actually quite a big problem for me as he cannot control his strength around people yet.

He's only 10 months (just). He started walking at 6.5 months after crawling, he is basically running pretty well now. He can do chin ups taking his whole body off the floor gripping onto something like a table or whatever he can get his hands on. He can climb up onto our slippy leather sofa which is the height of his shoulders. He can jump, throw balls well, kick a ball around the room.

But he actually puts fear into me when he crwls over me as it's very painful, I don't know how to teach him to be gentle and with his strength he really needs to learn it, he's not malicious he's just very young and extremely strong. I always tell him 'gently' and show him but is this just something he will grow out if?!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 25-Apr-13 00:03:39

Oh God bless you. My friend has a just turned one year old boy who is similar and he's a bit of a bruiser too....he biffed her in the chin today when I walked in and greeted him, he got so exited he just whapped her one with his meaty little fist!

He also climbs like a horror and she's always torn between letting him do his thing and grow independant and the sight of what is essentially a BABY climbing on a shelving unit or a park bench. grin

He will grow out of being rough but it's just not in his mind at the moment...all you can do is say gently...careful...and perhaps remove him if he hurts you. He'll pick it up in the next 6 months to a year but even then, they're rough sometimes until they're 3 or so.

BotBotticelli Thu 25-Apr-13 08:42:33

Blimey! Sorry, can't offer any advice as my DS is only 4 and a half months old, but I am horrified fascinated to hear your son walked at 6.5 months!!! Is this common?? Sounds v early to me?? the reason I ask is that DS rolled over for the first time this week, and once on his tummy is making distinct 'trying to crawl/move' movements, pushing his little butt up in the air and making like to crawl.

Didn't realise it was possible for them to walk so early!

MoreSnowPlease Thu 25-Apr-13 13:34:38

neo that sounds similar, fists flying everywhere and always catching me with what feels like a force to contend with Mike Tyson! Hoping we don't have to wait until he's 3 for him to calm down and realise his strength, I'll be black and blue!

bot I don't think it's common, certainly not in the baby and toddler groups I go to, he was rolling both ways by 11 weeks and at 4 months was sitting on his own and doing what you describe with the trying to crawl, started at 5 months, so maybe you have got that coming soon too! Good luck Tie down all your furniture quickly

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 25-Apr-13 16:38:51

Bot it does look really odd...in a good way...but there's a baby walking at about that age at our toddler group and it's scary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now