Talk

Advanced search

Daft question: what should 4mo DS wear for first trip to swimming pool??

(7 Posts)
BotBotticelli Tue 23-Apr-13 09:28:24

So I have bought some of those huggies swim nappies, but I am not sure whether or not he needs to wear something else as well??

Little shorts?? Some sort of little wetsuit thing?

Gah, even as I type I can see this is a stupid question, but I am not sure what the etiquette is, or what's the safest in terms of nappy-integrity!!

SanityClause Tue 23-Apr-13 09:31:36

Just a swim nappy is fine. You only need a sun suit if it's outside. (Which I'm guessing not, at this time of year.)

Actually, that's a big bugbear of mine. People who send their DC to swimming lessons in sunsuits. They're inside, and the swimsuits just make it harder to swim, you numpties!

lizardqueenie Tue 23-Apr-13 09:33:32

Best to go double layer whatever you do so swim nappy plus some kind of swim suit/ shorts/ wetsuit.

The wetsuits are quite good because they keep them a bit warmer but depends how much you are planning on going swimming, if its a regular thing then maybe worth getting one.

Have fun grin

Sommink Tue 23-Apr-13 09:34:57

tbh its personal preference. some people just use the swim nappies. they will only hold solids btw, but do not need anything extra. It's worth ringing the pool you want to go to as some won't allow just the nappy.

You can get suits to help keep you dc warmer though which may help them enjoy it more.

mamapants Tue 23-Apr-13 12:59:01

I used huggies nappy, happy nappy and wet suit.
Babies just in nappies tend to turn blue and quiver quite quickly.

YBR Tue 23-Apr-13 14:10:29

Our DD wore just a swim nappy for many months. DH (SAHD and takes her swimming) eventually got her some swim suits. This was in a very well heated pool though - she wouldn't last as long in the local leisure centre training pool - so you may find you want a wetsuit.

We've never needed a 2nd nappy although Water Babies and other swim schools do insist on them. At nearly 18 months DD's never poo'd in the bath or while swimming so far ...

AmandinePoulain Tue 23-Apr-13 14:14:57

Dd2 goes in a wetsuit - dd1 never did and I find that dd2 is able to stay in for longer without going blue around the edges. We initially had one from jojomamanbebe, the one she's in now is a speedo one - the first one was wrap around style, this one looks like an allinone and restricts her movements less. Enjoy, we do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now