Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 11month old feeding 2-3times

(8 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Mon 22-Apr-13 14:25:08

She is teething with third tooth. But still likes nursing 2-3 times.. I remember dd1 only fed once at this stage. I know each baby is different. Just maybe she likes the milk/comfort more!?

ilovepowerhoop Mon 22-Apr-13 14:34:44

do you mean she is nursing 2-3 times in the day or at night?

Littleraysofsunshine Tue 23-Apr-13 08:37:47

Night. She also still likes to have a morning, lunch and late afternoon feed

HearMyRoar Tue 23-Apr-13 18:17:33

Well,my dd is 13 months and still feeds more then that so I would say that seems normal to me, or at least no unheard of. If she is teething she probably wants the comfort and also may be having a growth spurt or something.

I think they are all different. I know some babies who almost stopped nursing around a year whereas I can hardly imagine dd ever stopping she is such a milk monster hmm

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 23-Apr-13 19:26:55

Bfing will help ease the pain of teething. 2 to 3 times a night doesn't seem excessive to me. According to this information on sleep studies half of 12 month olds still wake, no matter how they are fed or parented. You might also like the isis website.

If you are finding it hard have you read 12 alternatives?

The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley and Sound Sleep by Sarah Woodhouse are both good books smile

Belmo Tue 23-Apr-13 21:32:11

Same here at 20 months if it makes you feel any better!

littleraysofsunshine Fri 26-Apr-13 22:27:02

I have the no cry sleep book. Will read through again.

Definitely teeth. She fed five times from 8pm-5pm last night.

Seems more settled tonight after a swim. smile

littleraysofsunshine Fri 26-Apr-13 22:28:55

Hearmyroar, my dd1 weaned at 13.5m. I think dd2 may go on for a bit longer.

They both love the comfort. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now