Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

when did you put dc in their own bedroom?

(14 Posts)
McPrice Mon 22-Apr-13 11:06:05

my ds is 3months old he is just come out of his moses basket snf now in his cot still im our bedroom. dhsays he shoulx move into his own room i a couple of weeks. ds is a very noisy sleeper
when did you do it and did they settle easily?

ExRatty Mon 22-Apr-13 11:08:23

at a year.
They all settled fine and I was glad to get my room back by then!

ditsydoll Mon 22-Apr-13 11:28:37

Dd was in my room until she was over 2. It suited us at the time, she was bf for 18 months and still woke for a night feed and just ended up with us until she was 2.
I'm due with dc2 in a few weeks and as Dh now works shifts it will probably be easier if dc goes in his/her room sooner rather than later but I would personally not put baby his/her own room until at least 6 months.

NotSoNervous Mon 22-Apr-13 11:31:26

My DD is 6m and still in our room

Samie10 Mon 22-Apr-13 11:38:54

my DD is 8months and still in with us but the slightest noise wakes her then she wont settle back in her cot, ends up in our bed, wriggles like a worm, pulls my hair and sucks her thumb together to go back to sleep -result - we dont sleep. I know she should go into her own room but we just havent done it and always think of excuses why she stay....we are rubbish......

McPrice Mon 22-Apr-13 11:39:10

thanks for your replies sorry about spelling was typing whilst breastfeeding!!!

MiaowTheCat Mon 22-Apr-13 12:28:03

DD1 - some time between 6 and 7 months - I waited till I'd had a run of uninterrupted nights sleep from her as I didn't fancy doing the moonlight streak across the landing more than necessary.

DD2 will possibly be later since she's going in with DD1 so I don't want to do so until DD2 is OK going through most nights without raising hell (she's a child that goes from asleep to pissed off in 0.1 seconds with no warning) or I'll have both of them up screaming the place down and my sanity won't take that!

kw13 Mon 22-Apr-13 12:43:22

At 5 months. We had some smoke damage (from a blocked chimney) in our bedroom and had to move him. Best thing we ever did! I realized that every time DS had moved/snuffled we woke up; and every time we moved/snuffled he woke up. Moved to own room - all of us slept right through. Magic. Good luck!

BotBotticelli Mon 22-Apr-13 13:19:07

At 6 weeks! I literally couldn't get any sleep at all with DS in the room, and would lie awake for a couple of hours whilst he slept fitfully and noisily, slowly going absolutely insane.

It's not for everyone, but ultimately you have to make a decision that's right for your family. I put him into his own room in full knowledge that some research suggests there is an increased risk of SIDS if the baby is not in the room with you up till 6 months. But after 5 weeks of not getting more than an hour's sleep in a block at any point, I genuinely feared for my mental health. DS was FF anyway which made the decision easier, as I was feeding him in a chair anyway, and having to go to the kitchen, so a bit different from if you're BF I suppose...

do what's right for you and you baby x

Bunraku Tue 23-Apr-13 11:28:20

Also 6 weeks because the snuffling made me nervous! x

MummyJetsetter Tue 23-Apr-13 11:37:50

6 weeks, as soon as he dropped the night feed. Babies snore I needed my sanity! x

MiaSparrow Tue 23-Apr-13 14:27:32

8 months - but that was only when we moved from a 1 bed flat. I think otherwise I'd have done it at 6 months.

melliebobs Tue 23-Apr-13 14:31:10

About 6 weeks. Dd had horrendous reflux and was a sod to try n sleep so wasn't fair on the one who wasn't up to have their one hr of sleep interrupted with the patting/screaming/vomiting

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 23-Apr-13 14:43:05

DS was 9 months when he went into his own room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now