Talk

Advanced search

10 month old waking at 2.30 for 2 hours...ARGH

(5 Posts)
GiveMeVegemite Sun 21-Apr-13 16:42:30

Every night for the past week (ever since he learnt to crawl) my 10 month old DS has been waking around 2.30, rolling onto his belly in his gro bag and crawling around his cot. He might then sit up and play with his comforter and then after about an half an hour he will start screaming for me to come and put him on his back again. Then he will roll back onto his tummy and repeat the process a few times.

He seems to have completely forgotten how to roll from his tummy to his back and how to lie down from a sitting position! I am going in up to 10 times a night to roll him over from his tummy etc. he has hit his head a couple of times trying to roll so maybe he has a phobia about rolling from his tummy to his back now?

I am getting about 3-4 hours sleep a night cos every time he gets sick of being on his tummy he screams for me to come and roll him.

He wakes at around 6.30am,first nap around 9.00am, second nap around 2pm (each for 30mins to just over an hour) then asleep by 7pm.

Please tell me this will pass or something I can do to make it stop!

LimitedEditionLady Sun 21-Apr-13 17:46:14

Itll pass!they all do crazy things in phases so dont worry!maybe play a game out of rolling when hes awake.like hide a toy and when he rolls back it appears again.he will forget about it soon!but i can feel your frustration,dont go in too quick when he cries perhaps just watvh whete he cant see you and see if he will have a go,theres nothing wrong with him getting a bit mad and he will be dead ptoud when he achieves it!

GiveMeVegemite Sun 21-Apr-13 19:31:54

Thanks. I do try rolling him when he is awake, but he is much more interested in being in his belly and just crawls off! Hopefully is just passes then. smile

CabbageHead Mon 22-Apr-13 13:58:33

Oh I feel for you!!! I have just gone thru the exact same thing.. It does pass.. Bad news is then you may have to survive the standing up in cot and walking milestones!!!!

I've just survived the standing up in cot milestone (well its still an issue during the day!!) I thought we would die of sleep deprivation! DS has never been a good sleeper anyway but the standing up was worse than the crawling one... So I hope for u it's the other way around!

Can you secure under a sheet in some way? There arE some products out there that you can buy, safe t sleep is one of them... Maybe he will learn to sleep on his tummy... My DS did and it was the best thing as he sleeps better on tummy..

It's like their bodies are practising even tho their minds just want to sleep... Even now, DS has been standing up for over a month, and still as soon as he slightly weakens, he is straight up like a meerkat without even waking up properly it's so funny (sometimes!)

Good news is DS is finally STTN! Only took him 11.5mths to figure it out! So you havent got long to go before yours will probably go back to normal.. can your OH tag team with you and do some nightwakings?

Good luck smile

GiveMeVegemite Mon 22-Apr-13 14:11:04

Thanks cabbage. It is kiiiilllling me. I really hope it passes, like you say. Then standing up to look forward to! The image of a half asleep meerkat-baby cracked me up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now