Talk

Advanced search

3 yr old dreaming

(5 Posts)
MummyJetsetter Sat 20-Apr-13 21:21:14

My 3 year old ds has been waking up in the night and saying random things, being upset about a sticker book and equally strange things recently. Obviously dreaming and usually just goes back to sleep when you tell him he's been dreaming. Last night he woke 3 times, the 3rd time he thought someone had turned Mickey Mouse off, he said he was watching it on the tv and even described what was happening in it (goofy was in a bag!).

I told him it was a dream and that it was gone and he was really upset and keeps bringing it up all day.

Is this normal? He was literally sobbing about losing his dream and that he couldn't find it!

Thanks x

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 21-Apr-13 09:32:39

It is normal. Mine have always done it when something is bothering them...have there been any changes lately?

MummyJetsetter Sun 21-Apr-13 12:07:22

Nothing I can think of, it just seems like he's started dreaming in the last few weeks and he doesn't quite get what's going on. He didn't wake last night and he isn't upset about losing his Mickey dream any more. I'll look out for signs of being upset with anything else.

Love the username by the way! Great breakfast club reference! x

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 21-Apr-13 16:13:06

grin I love Judd Nelson.

Often they grow out of these times...you just need to explain that it's not real...they take a while to grasp that though.

MummyJetsetter Sun 21-Apr-13 16:51:06

First thing I said was it's just in your head but when he kept saying it's just in my head it sounded like he was mentally ill! He's over it now but I guess it'll just happen from time to time. At least he isn't having nightmares, it could be worse! He seems to understand now that it's not real but he is only little so probably doesn't fully get it yet. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: