Talk

Advanced search

How to stop co sleeping

(3 Posts)
Cupcakemummy85 Sat 20-Apr-13 20:55:44

Can someone help me? My dd2 is 9 weeks old and I can't seem to get her in heroises basket at night. I'm bf at the moment but not enjoying it as its like a wrestling match everytime I feed her and I am a human dummy!!!!! I've tried giving her bottles but she won't te them. I don't remember having this problem with dd1. There doesn't seem much structure to her day either. When should they nap and when should they go to bed. Dd1 was so easy to put to bed at night. I used to feed her to sleep but this one needs at least three hours of feeding before she will consider shutting her eyes. She never seems full enough to settle to sleep. I feel like going cold turkey on the bf and letting formula work it's magic on my hungry lo. I'm really not liking co sleeping and would prefer if I could just put her in her Moses or crib.

Phineyj Sat 20-Apr-13 21:00:38

Does she sleep in her moses basket during the day? If so, maybe if you persist she'll settle in it at night? We put the moses basket between us on the bed for the first few nights so we could easily reach out to DD/apply dummy or whatever was needed. Before that we kept the moses basket in the sitting room all the time and took turns to sleep on the sofa. If she won't settle in the moses basket at all maybe try one of those cots that go beside the bed? I can't advise on the bf as I hated it and gave it up after a week, however, I understand some people have had success with bottle-rejecting babies after trying a range of bottles (like those Mam ones which have the more squishy teats - Mothercare do them). Hope it gets better!

Phineyj Sat 20-Apr-13 21:01:24

I should add, one of my friends says her baby loathed the moses basket from the off and so she has always slept in a cot. Some babies just don't like them apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now