Talk

Advanced search

is this attention seeking behaviour?

(3 Posts)
jujumum78 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:42:47

DS is 2 1/2 years and his behaviour is worrying me and I'm not sure if it's attention seeking or just a developmental stage (testing the boundaries etc).

1) We've been potty training for 3 months with overall good success. However the last few days he's just started weeing everywhere without rhyme or reason and has thrown tantrums over sitting on the potty which he never did before.
2) I used to do 'round and round the garden like a teddy bear' on the palm of his hand at bedtime to make him sleepy. Now he has developed a habit of doing 'round and round' throughout the day, on his own palm and also on his legs, arms and belly and whispering to himself at the same time. He says it makes it better but won't say what????

His baby brother is due in 10 days and I have been tired and not as active with DS as I used to be. We read a lot together instead and he loves that. He also loves the idea of baby brother and talks positively about his arrival so I haven't been worried, but now I wonder. I had hoped to avoid and potty training problems before DS2 arrived!

rhetorician Fri 19-Apr-13 22:27:01

Probably! He's 2 and a half and you are about to provide a sibling!! Expect regression, he is young to be trained in any case. The other thing is just comforting himself and part of toddler strangeness.

Good luck with 2!

jujumum78 Sat 20-Apr-13 12:52:38

Thanks for the reply. I heard potty training could be a bit up and down but it's the 'round and round' thing he does, like he's relieving stress that's really worrying me. It's almost compulsive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now