Talk

Advanced search

Shouldn't DD be telling me she needs her nappy changed by now?

(10 Posts)
MiaSparrow Thu 18-Apr-13 19:58:28

She's 26 months and would be perfectly happy to go around all day avec poo if I didn't intervene. Obviously I'm starting to think about potty training soonish but I would have thought she'd at least feel uncomfortable and want to have it changed by now.

I thought it was to do with her being too busy playing. She'll often deny she's done a poo if I ask when she's engrossed in something but now she won't even tell me at night when she's already in bed.

Does this bear any relation to potty-readiness? ie, not yet.

MiaSparrow Thu 18-Apr-13 20:01:36

Oh I should add she's always been a fairly advanced little thing for her age in other areas - walking at 10 months, talking in full sentences at 18, now chats for England - so it's definitely not a communication issue, IYSWIM.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 18-Apr-13 20:05:11

I think some kids just aren't bothered about being in a dirty nappy! My ds never once cried because of a wet or dirty nappy and right until we toilet trained him he wouldn't say if he'd done a poo.

It didn't delay him at all.

5madthings Thu 18-Apr-13 20:06:49

Nope some toddlers dont care!

My dd is 28mths and has just started telling me when she has had a poo a d asking me to change her nappy, literally just in the last few weeks.

MiaSparrow Thu 18-Apr-13 20:08:01

That's good to know, Anything thanks - so it didn't affect his training, he still knew (and told you) when he wanted to go?

MiaSparrow Thu 18-Apr-13 20:09:41

That's interesting, 5 you'd think it'd feel horrible! Mind you, they do their best to make disposable nappies so comfy these days maybe they don't notice so much...

AnythingNotEverything Thu 18-Apr-13 20:13:20

He absolutely did, once he knew that's what we were trying to achieve! He's a boy and they're traditionally a bit slower in this area ...

I suspect a bit of sitting on potty praise and big girl pants will make all the difference with your dd!

MiaSparrow Thu 18-Apr-13 20:18:35

Thanks, that's really encouraging. Yes, she's got her eye on some big girl Dora knickers already.

peachypips Thu 18-Apr-13 20:19:10

DS2 is 31 months and doesn't give a shit if he's done a shit!

rrreow Fri 19-Apr-13 13:23:10

My DS (23mo) is a poo denier. He knows that if he admits to having done a poo he'll need to have his nappy changed so he doesn't mention it and when I bring it up he usually says "no" (but in a way that I know means "yes").

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now