Talk

Advanced search

9 Year old DS soiling Help

(5 Posts)
HidingInTheBathroom Tue 16-Apr-13 09:22:21

Hi

My oldest DS (9 year old) keeps messing in his pants. It's like he will go to the the toilet not wipe and part of the poo will be in his pants. He started doing this about 18 months ago but for the last 6 months he has been fine. Until now. He came home and I could smell it. He was told off and some of his toys taken away. However the day after he did it again after playing out with his friends.

It's not just on his bum but it's on his hands too from not washing afterwards.

Last year I took him to the doctor to check there is no underlying problem which there is not.

I have sat down discussed how dirty this is and how he can become ill or bullied for being smelly.

He will be going secondary school next year and so worried that if he carries on he will get bullied.

In my opinion it is that he is in too much of a rush and wants to get out the bathroom as quick as he can before he misses some thing.

I really don't know how to handle this and other mums who I have talked to have never had this problem.

Can any one help me.

Nancyclancy Tue 16-Apr-13 09:35:49

My ds did this about a year or so ago. He is just about to turn 9.
It drove me completely mad because there was no reason for it.

He was happy in school and has no health problems.

He would come home from school smelling and although we never really got to the bottom of it, I think it had something to do with him not wanting to poo at school. So when he got home he was so desperate to go that he'd poo'ed a bit in his pants. He used to stink and his clothes smelt and it was generally a really horrible time.

I tried being sympathetic, talking to him about it and telling him off, but it went on for a few months. Then without anyone realising it stopped.

We never found out the reason but we have not had any issues for at least 10 months.

HidingInTheBathroom Tue 16-Apr-13 09:41:49

Thank you Nancy.

It can't really be pooing in school because he does this at home at the weekends and school holidays.

Some times I feel like I don't want him to cuddle me incase he has poo on him. This makes me feel like a horrible person and mother.

I love him to pieces and lately all I seem to do is shout at him and tell him off.

Biscuitsneeded Thu 18-Apr-13 12:01:33

Have nothing to add except that I feel your pain. DS 2 (6) does this too, or doesn't make it to the toilet in time. I want to believe there is a physical cause and he genuinely can't feel when he needs to go, but GP says that's very unlikely... Have reached the point where I am worried about letting him go to to other people's houses in case he poos in his pants. Just can't seem to get through to him...

bizzey Thu 18-Apr-13 12:28:27

Hi ..I came across this tread yesterday and did not know whether to say anything or not ...but today I think I will confused....

Please do not dismiss it as laziness just yet...my ds1 is 11 and only just stopped doing this

GP and pead have said it can happen that they don't know they have done it. .It is a little bit like incontinance.

My ds had/has a thing called impactation which is slightly different to constipation ..
The "blockage"(lump of poo) is further up the bowle...but liquid stuff can get passed it and so leaks. It looks like lumps in pants because it has dried.

He could never smell it either but would notice if he went to the toilet.

I use to leave spare pant and wipes and bag for dirty pants in the bathroom so he did not have to keep shouting for help!

It is really common and they do grow out of it as they get older...but personally I would suggest you go back to your GP'S for a another chat. Ds was put on Movical to soften the stools so they did not get blocked .

Deffinetly go back again I would say...It is not fun for you as a mum(lots of washing...but 1/2 the time I just threw them out !!) or for them .

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now