Talk

Advanced search

5mo wont sleep anywhere but his own cot

(3 Posts)
ALittleBitOfMagic Tue 16-Apr-13 01:22:11

He will nap in his pram during the day for short periods but he will not settle at all at bedtime anywhere but his own cot . He was to stay with my parents last week while dh and I were at a wedding . He got himself into such a state my dm had phone me and I had to come home . So we tried again the next week but he wouldn't settle again .

Do you think this is just a phase or do you think he is going to be a child who will never stay out ? Is there anything I can do ? Dd was so different she would have went anywhere grin

Kiwiinkits Tue 16-Apr-13 03:45:39

I would try introducing a comfort object like a special blanket, muslin or toy. Have it with him in his cot every night without fail. See if he takes it and starts associating it with sleep. Will be useful down the track, I assure you.
Make a rule that 'blanky' is ONLY something for bedtime, otherwise it will follow him everywhere and get very gross. This is something I know from experience!

ALittleBitOfMagic Tue 16-Apr-13 13:41:58

Thank you I will try that . smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now