Talk

Advanced search

Being savaged by my 8 month old!

(17 Posts)
DoingTheSwanThing Mon 15-Apr-13 18:57:34

When does "no" take on any meaning??
Ds2 (8m, nearly 7 adjusted) is driving me insane. He's continually grabbing, pinching, scratching me... Not really anyone else either! His particular fondness is for digging his fingers into neck tendons and clamping them there. I can't wear jewellery. The hairs on my neck are continually being pulled (and not let go of). My boobs are permanently covered in nail marks and it bloody hurts. Trying to keep the claws short and hands occupied but he'll drop his toys as soon as a tendon catches his attention.
He's a <mumble> lunatic live wire.
Please tell me this won't last long. And, ideally, how to stop him. Please.
He's now laughing at me having got himself into a crab position on the floor. Nutter.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Mon 15-Apr-13 18:58:55

He sounds adorable! No advice - you just have to develop lightning reflexes.

HKat Mon 15-Apr-13 19:03:31

Am watching with great interest as my 11mo dd is similarly inclined! Her particular favourite is pulling my hair and slapping my face, laughing uproariously as she does it. I say no but it's not working....She understands 'gentle hands'around the cat though, so there must be hope!

DoingTheSwanThing Mon 15-Apr-13 19:15:26

He is adorable... He's the most entertaining baby I've ever met! He. Just. Never. Stops. <rocks slightly>

MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Apr-13 19:42:38

Mine likes the finger up nose, fingernail (even though I cut them seemingly daily she still finds finger-daggers to torture me with) into inside of nostril edge, dig in and pull and scratch manoeuvre.

We don't have any regimes needing new (cute) torturers do we?

GiveMeVegemite Mon 15-Apr-13 19:58:09

Oh my god, I'm sorry, but this thread has me in hysterics.

I can relate though. My 10 month old likes the sound of slapping when his hands are wet, so getting him out of the bath is guaranteed to result in tiny red palm prints all over my face.

He also pulls my hair as he falls asleep and now I have sporadic regrowth around the nape of my neck and can't wear my hair up!

Fairylea Mon 15-Apr-13 20:01:03

Oh yes my ds is the same..he's 10 months.

Current favourite trick is fingers up your nose. Or if I lay down next to him and pretend to sleep as part of a game he will now stick his fingers in my eyes and attempt to pull my eyelids open. Lovely.

SwivelHips Mon 15-Apr-13 20:40:58

Yes another one here. My ds is brutal, his favourite is grabbing my throat as if to kill me. Dh and I are covered in scratches. Thankfully he no longer wishes to remove my nipple with his teeth...phew

LimeFlower Mon 15-Apr-13 21:28:49

The same as Miaow with the nose,occasionally DS tries to poke my eyes out,pulls hair,puts his finger into my/DH mouth.
Recently he tried to strangle MIL pulling and twisting her necklace.
And claws...don't get me started,I have to pin him down on the ground and he still manages to scratch me.He's fascinated with his index finger/pincer grip and sticks it everywhere,scratches/pinches everything including my nipple.
Laying on bed with me bfing with his plump rugby player like thigs/legs in a froggy style only to give me a powerful kick in the belly fecking jumperoo

LimeFlower Mon 15-Apr-13 21:30:45

I have to pin him down to cut his claws-forgot to add.
Any grooming attempts are met with wild screeching,he's a bloody cave man hmm

MiaowTheCat Tue 16-Apr-13 20:25:43

Oh I forgot the mouth yank one... she actually pulled one of DH's teeth out! (He'd been putting off going to the dentist for it to be extracted - she did the job for him)

Crocodilehunter Tue 16-Apr-13 20:47:54

swivelHips that made me LOL but it sounds sinister, like something my DS would do! grin

Quak Tue 16-Apr-13 20:50:54

Oh no! DD is only 6 1/2 mths and sometimes brings tears to my eyes when she squeezes my neck/cheek/arms. I can expect this to last?? - wince! She is only going to get stronger. And she laughs when she does it.

LimeFlower Tue 16-Apr-13 21:46:26

Miaow shock re teeth
DS is a little thug,his favourite thing is bash/bite/rock everything he can.

SarahJinx Tue 16-Apr-13 21:49:02

Ah mine's two next month, still doing it.....

batteryhen Tue 16-Apr-13 21:53:01

I have a raised freckle/ mole on the left hand side of my neck. My 8 month old DS has taken a dislike to it and has decided it must come off. He scratches at it all the time sad and if that fails he tries to chew it off, with his 2 teeth , that are like daggers. Honestly, his face lights up when he sees it.....

Hermionewastherealhero Wed 17-Apr-13 19:51:30

I came on here for advice... Seems I have to wait it out. I actually cried this morning as DS woke at 5 and then clawed my face, drawing blood from my lip and has taken a liking to grabbing my collar bone - but only the one I broke a few years ago, it hurts so much.
He has drawn blood from my nostril too and loves to grab my neck and twist the skin as he falls asleep.
Good job he is adorable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now