Talk

Advanced search

10 week old wanting to sit up all the time..

(9 Posts)
islasmummy2013 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:59:46

Hello everyone,

My 10 week dd has a new obsession with sitting up, if I'm holding her it has to be in a sitting position, she won't lay down unless she's ready for a sleep, earlier today I bunched up my duvet cover and propped her up next to me and as she wasn't completely upright she was heaving herself forwards to try and be upright! She's also extremely nosy and very strong for her age (as told by doctor and hv).

I know this is the norm so my question is... what can I do too make it easier on myself as holding her bolt upright all day is impossible! she has a rocker chair thing but it's not upright enough, I was thinking bumbo?

Thank you in advance xxx

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 12-Apr-13 23:03:04

Have you tried sticking her in a sling facing out? She can have a door bouncer from about 4 months and while that doesn't help now, its only 6 weeks to go smile

JakeBullet Fri 12-Apr-13 23:06:32

A bumbo is your friend grin .

I have video footage of DS at 16 wewks wriggling out of his car seat which was on the floor. He woukd fuss and wriggle until he was on his knees on the floor leaning into the car seat. He couldn't crawl so heaven alone knoews what he was trying to achieve!
Some of them are not happy until tbey are going.....or can at least be upright in order to see where they want to go.

TheDetective Fri 12-Apr-13 23:10:45

Bumbo. Or, sometimes I sit him on the floor, between my feet, so legs are supporting him either side, and then pillows in front in case of falling.

Mine has to be on his feet, or sat up, and has done since a couple of weeks. He's 20 weeks I think now.

DS1, well, he was like that from birth. Had to be stood, or sat and bounced on the knee all day long. He would not be held in arms like a normal newborn. At least DS2 allows that!!

islasmummy2013 Fri 12-Apr-13 23:11:25

Thank you for replying! Think il be buying a bumbo!
I do have a sling but it's really hard to do up so I haven't actually used it yet woops

Xx

TheDetective Fri 12-Apr-13 23:11:54

And today, he mastered rolling properly. So he decided he wanted a coke bottle. And rolled, then fucking crawled to it. shock. He's 4 bloody months.

I think I need a baby jail and pronto!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 12-Apr-13 23:12:00

If you do get a bimbo make sure you get one where you can fasten them in. Our dd could flip out of hers making it the most dangerous thing in the house.

TheDetective Fri 12-Apr-13 23:12:36

Oooh, in a couple of weeks your baby might be ok in the Antilop highchair from Ikea with the blow up insert. Mine is using his, and has been since 17 weeks, we tried it at 16 weeks, and he was fine in it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 12-Apr-13 23:16:30

Bumbo. Not quite sure what why my ipad changes it to bimbo....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now