Talk

Advanced search

my five year old ds has just started saying er at the end of every sentence

(4 Posts)
chocoholic05 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:49:50

for example can I have a biscuit er. No er. Please er. He completely threw us earlier in the car when he kept insisting he could see a big farmer. Got very frustrated with us because we were looking for a big farmer not a farm! ! This is a very recent thing he used to have a stammer but not anymore am I right to be concerned?

MyLittleDiva Thu 11-Apr-13 21:02:32

My 5 year old dd started doing the same thing when she started school, her younger sister started copying it too.

She has stopped doing this over the last couple of months, I didn't make a massive deal out of it but did correct her and I helped her practice saying the words properly.

I really have no idea why she starting doing this, she had made some new friends with different accents around the same time it started and maybe the stress of starting school.

I mentioned it to the school at the time and they didn't seem concerned at all, I did get very worried but like I said she has stopped doing it now.

chocoholic05 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:07:24

well he started school last september so a while ago now. It's only seemed to have started over the easter holidays. My older ds aged 7 commented on it and said why is he talking like that because he sounds stupid! sad shock

chocoholic05 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:09:35

meant commented on it todaysad sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: