Talk

Advanced search

10 wk old baby not smiling

(5 Posts)
IcouldstillbeJoseph Thu 11-Apr-13 19:26:28

DD is DC2 and 10 wks. Saw HV today about something else and casually mentioned how miserable DD is and hasn't smiled. Perhaps, at a push, I could say we'd had a tentative smirk but even that is exaggerating it.
Anyway, HV wants me to see GP but I'm wondering what exactly he's going to do about it??
She follows objects and looks at lights etc so I'd like to think it's not a eyesight problem...
I know you shouldn't compare but her brother was grinning a lot by 6wks.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 11-Apr-13 21:21:07

Developmental milestones are not set in stone. I suppose the GP might check her responses in other areas but I'm sure they've already been done?

Was she born full term? I wouldn't panic...I would leave it for a couple of weeks or so and then think about checking perhaps?

IcouldstillbeJoseph Thu 11-Apr-13 22:33:14

Yes, born at 39 weeks. I've made an appointment for 2 weeks in the hope we won't need it

ThreeWheelsGood Fri 12-Apr-13 04:58:54

What happened at the 8 week check?

IcouldstillbeJoseph Fri 12-Apr-13 07:25:57

We have them at 6 weeks here and my GP just ticked it off in the book without asking - and she definitely didn't smile during the check. The appointment that I have is with the same GP...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now