Talk

Advanced search

Milk

(8 Posts)
steph01 Wed 10-Apr-13 20:06:09

My 17 month son has gone off his milk, he used to drink it euery morning and before bed, and now when you bring him his milk he cries at the sight of it. Any ideas what else i can give him? Or why hes gone off it?

PotteringAlong Wed 10-Apr-13 22:02:59

At that age he just needs 3 portions of dairy and none of it needs to be milk, so it could be yogurt etc. will he have porridge make with milk?

steph01 Thu 11-Apr-13 08:54:48

He has weetabix with milk for breakfast and a yoghurt tube for a snack at lunch. What else can i give him?

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Thu 11-Apr-13 09:01:58

Would he eat a chese sauce? Fish pie, lasagne, mac and cheese, tuna pasta bake? Chicken pie ( chese sauce with chicken veg bacon and leek as a filling)

steph01 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:18:59

So i can give him that instead of milk?
Don't know how to to make a pie lol

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Thu 11-Apr-13 14:39:02

Cheat grin make a cheese sauce based pie filling ( I always made double freezes some and used it for a pasta sauce too). Put the sauce in an oven proof dish and cover with a sheet of jus role puff pastry.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Thu 11-Apr-13 14:53:16

Oh and glaze with egg ( paint around top edge of dish before u put pastry on to help it stick). Don't forget to make a steam hole in the top. smile

Iammrsbeckham Thu 11-Apr-13 22:53:13

When my LO went off milk I made her rice pudding. Annabel Karmel has a good recipe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now