Talk

Advanced search

First Birthday Present

(7 Posts)
Jellybellyrbest Wed 10-Apr-13 19:30:56

Just out of curiosity....know they'll not know much about it really, but I'm wondering what people buy. DD is my 3rd & we already have lots of lovely toys. I've bought her v little in general (thankfully haven't needed to!!). But; as it's a special birthday I am going to buy her something nice & new of her own. DD2 is 5.5 & I haven't toy shopped for a baby for ages....what are others buying?

Lawabidingmama Thu 11-Apr-13 00:11:54

Dd1 got a rocking horse (google a little bird told me pixie and fluff) Dd2 got a ladybird wheely bug x

MiaowTheCat Thu 11-Apr-13 07:40:03

DD1 got from us - an activity cube thing I've so far stubbed my toe on about 97 times, wooden building blocks that although aged at 12 months plus I think are probably a bit old for her at the moment but she'll hopefully get a good few years out of them (but daddy enjoys playing with them) and some annoying electronic thing that flashes, beeps and plays tunes of general irritation (DD1 likes things that play irritating tunes... mummy and daddy do not like things that play irritating tunes). She got the baby playmobil noah's ark off someone else as well - but it's 18 months plus but I've just put away a couple of the smaller bits and she seems to love that - although seeing the giraffe and immediately calling it daddy (daddy is very very tall) cracked me up.

Oh and she got a younger sibling as well! Had a nightmare present shopping for her since I had to do it so far in advance with her sister being due a week after her birthday (sis came prematurely as I expected in the end) in case I was incapaciated and in hospital with a prem or sick baby but I seem to have pitched it OK since she's happily playing with things. For DD2 and DD1's second birthday I'm thinking I'll try to buy more stuff they can play with in the garden over the summer since we're hitting house toy storage capacity at present!

Jellybellyrbest Thu 11-Apr-13 20:28:37

I'd thought of a Noah's Ark too actually. Liked the Fisher Price one but the only place I could find it was on Amazon or an exorbitant price. I've just ordered the Pintoy Walker with cubes...it's a bit pricey but looks built to last & it's unlike anything else we already have in the house. Hope she likes it!!

Jellybellyrbest Thu 11-Apr-13 20:29:55

My older DDs have a rocking horse and the Ladybird Wheely-bug Lawa & the wheely-bug in particular have been v popular over the years & still going strong!

ChazDingle Thu 11-Apr-13 20:32:02

you can pick up the fisher price noahs arcs off ebay or from a car boot- and they are plastic so look no different to when they are new. I paid £4 for DSs.

For DS's first birthday we got him a smart trike

Jakeyblueblue Thu 11-Apr-13 23:33:10

I bought a full size garden trampoline. Sounds ridiculous but everything else I looked at, he would have grown out of very quickly. Wanted to get him something he would get good use out of. At first we would take him on let him just sit and bounce with us and now he's coming up to two, he's starting to be able to bounce properly. He loves it and its great for when you've got a little one that needs tiring out!
I got it from asda for less than 100 so think it was well worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now