Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When did your bald baby get hair? And what colour was it?

(11 Posts)
MayimBialik Sun 07-Apr-13 23:47:35

DS is 4 months. Bald as a coot and incredibly cute. (Possibly biased but it rhymed so had to type it.) forever wondering what colour hair he'll have. I was very blonde as a child as was DH, although we're both brown haired now. I always thought I'd have blonde children. Are bald babies usually blond? And when will he get hair so I can find our??? grin

anonymosity Mon 08-Apr-13 01:34:42

My DS was born with a smudge of dark hair which fell out an left him with a curly mohican which people accused me of doing on purpose confused. It eventually grew in over the course of 1-2 yrs.

My DD was born with a smudge which failed to grow until she was 1 yr old then it started to get a bit mullet like. Finally around age 2 she had what could be described as a "head of hair" albeit a short one.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Mon 08-Apr-13 01:49:33

Started growing fluff just before his 2nd birthday. Bald as anything before then.

Now 2y2mo, and has curly ginger hair. grin

BloooCowWonders Mon 08-Apr-13 05:20:33

All bald til about 2 y.o.

Now a selection of lighter and darker brown, from dead straight to wild curls. smile

HKat Mon 08-Apr-13 09:04:49

My dd is 11months and has only just started really growing hair, and mainly around back and sides only! Looks very cute though ;-)What's coming through is blonde like I was

VenusRising Mon 08-Apr-13 09:10:36

My babe was born with a head of pitch black hair, which then all fell out except for a little tin tin tuft at the front at about two months, then she had blond curls come through, (very cute at 20 months) now she has very thick dark blond hair, no red in it at all.

I had no digestion problems when preggo- everyone asked if I had as she had so much black hair as a newborn, but I had given up bread and tomatoes, so didn't get the acid reflux.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 08-Apr-13 09:16:48

My DS is 20mo and still only has fluffy baby hair, it's sort of gingery blonde ish.

There's a pic on my profile I think.

It's only started really growing in the last couple of months but seems to be growing outwards rather than downwards. XDH has mushroom hair too though so he may be taking after him.

rocketeer Mon 08-Apr-13 09:24:46

Ds1 is very blonde and didn't have any noticeable hair until about a year old. Ds2Iis strawberry blonde and was bald til he was about 3 but didn't have his first hair cut until he was 5, there was a few curls by that point but it was very thin and straggly. He's 7 now and it's quite thick but very slow growing!

GoatsHaveStrangeEyes Mon 08-Apr-13 09:29:23

Dd2 is 14 months and still quite bald but what she does have is a dark blonde colour and is getting lighter.

Ds has white blonde hair and was completely bald til about 4 months. Then it grew so fast and is very thick and curly.

I would say if both you and your dh had blonde hair as a child then it is likely your ds will be the same.

babySophieRose Mon 08-Apr-13 09:45:46

My DD was born with brown hair, gone redhead at 2 months, brown around 6 months and blonde at 12 months. Now she is 17 months and still blond with dark eyelashes, so may go darker later.

alemci Mon 08-Apr-13 09:55:48

My ED had short dark hair when she was born in an elfin haircut - it was amazing. Other 2 had more sparse hair brown hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now