Talk

Advanced search

Thin and slow growing hair in 10 year-old daughter

(4 Posts)
Yellow352 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:03:29

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right topic heading but I wanted some advice - my 10 year-old dd has very fine, thin and slow growing hair. It has always been like this and I have just waited for it to start growing better but it hasn't and it is getting to the stage that she is noticing it. Has anyone had this with their child and should I be taking her to a trichologist or GP or anything? Any suggestions? Thanks : )

SavoyCabbage Sat 06-Apr-13 08:21:36

Me too. My dd is 9 and mixed race. Her hair has probably only grown six inches in her whole life. People used to say it would come in but it never has. The girls in her class are starting to get their long hard bobbed now as they get a bit older which I am pleased about.

She's got a great diet so I don't think it's that although I did start giving her flaxseed oil at one point as my sister used to give it to her horse to keep his coat shiny! My other dd, 6, has hair that has grown at an ordinary speed.

Yellow352 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:46:54

Hi SavoyCabbage, my daughter doesn't have any hair elsewhere really either so I suppose that she is not going to be a hairy person! I only started worrying about it because someone told me I ought to take her to a trichologist as they can do things to help but I am not sure if they will be able to help.

Nancyclancy Sun 07-Apr-13 16:43:20

My niece who is now 14 has lovely fine curly hair, but not a real head full. As a baby she had no hair whatsoever and by the time she started school had a very fine short crop of hair.

Even now she's only had a few hair cuts. Her mum has very fine hair too although she has more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now