Talk

Advanced search

4-5 year old with new sleep issues

(2 Posts)
Bubbles2578 Fri 05-Apr-13 21:33:43

My son will be 5 in October. He has always been a very good sleeper but always an early riser(6-6.30am every morning)
In the last 3 weeks he has developed a real problem going to sleep, requiring either myself or my husband to sit with him while he goes to sleep.
He says he is hearing noises but can't tell me what they sound like.
He has also been night waking anything up to 4 times a night and again needing my husband or I to sit with him until he falls asleep again.
If we don't sit with him he shouts and cries himself hoarse, and wakes his sister (20 months)
He has had a problem with glue ear since he was born and has partial hearing loss in both ears, we are currently waiting for a referral, potentially for grommets.
We have tried all sorts of things, being very understanding and doing everything he asks, getting angry, offer rewards if he manages to sleep. Nothing seems to be working. Next thing to try is playing music softly in his room.
Both my husband and I work full time and it is becoming a big problem as we are both so tired.
If anyone has had a similar situation, I would be very grateful for any advice.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 05-Apr-13 21:42:47

I would go back to the doctor and tell the GP about the "noises" he could be hearing the fluid in his ears...it may be more noticeable when he lies down in the quiet of his room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now