Talk

Advanced search

2 month old not sleeping

(7 Posts)
Apregnantchicken Fri 05-Apr-13 20:39:11

Hi all was wandering if anyone could help.....my 2month old doesn't sleep unless on me and my partner or in our bed. We werent keen on having her with us but after so many sleepless night we had to do. Is 2months too young to start trying to train her to sleep on her own and to self soothe? Any ideas on how to get her to sleep more than 5 mins in her Moses basket? Thank you xx

AnAirOfHope Fri 05-Apr-13 20:44:08

Babies dont sleep, they are not ment too.

I would not try sleep training up till 6 months plus and on solid food.

Cosleeping is fine aslong as you follow the guidlines.

I would recommend the moby wrap for the day time to keep baby close and your hands free and cosleep at night.

AnAirOfHope Fri 05-Apr-13 20:45:58

Have a look at the attachment parenting uk website grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 05-Apr-13 20:48:44

Where does she sleep in the day?

We found that our ds's weren't keen on their own beds, but would sleep well in their bouncy chairs so we used them to start getting a better bedtime routine going and then once they were used to going to sleep after their bath and feed we introduced them back to their own beds (cribs). This wasn't until about 12 weeks though.

MortifiedAdams Fri 05-Apr-13 20:49:49

Do you want her to sleep.in her Basket because thats 'what you should be doing' or because 'cosleeping is not for you and dh'

If its reason one, just keep her with you

If its reason two, try swaddling, feeding to sleep, white noise, hot waterbottle on the mattress before you pit her down

Apregnantchicken Fri 05-Apr-13 21:11:56

We r always worried having her with us in bed but she sleeps so well. During the day she can sleep for hours on me but won't in a sling. Have tried the White noise, hotwater bottle at night but it doesn't work. Think we r just worried it isnt normal for a baby not to sleep in her crib, we r very new to this parenthood thing!

glenthebattleostrich Fri 05-Apr-13 21:15:12

Baby has spent 9 months in your tummy and is used to being so close to you. Of course she wants to be with mummy all the time. DD's crib was unused and her cot was a cot bed before she slept in it. Enjoy the newborn snuggles, follow the guidelines and relax, your baby is perfectly normal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now