Talk

Advanced search

Moody 10 year old!

(2 Posts)
Huntsmell Thu 04-Apr-13 18:52:17

Over the last couple of months, my 10 year old son has become very moody and argumentative. Although he is not showing any other symptoms of adolescent, the mood swings are terrible. When does a boy start puberty? And does it start like this?

Can anyone give we any advice on how to deal with this? I get so angry and frustrated myself I end up shouting at him. I don't think that this works. I have tried reasoning with him and this lasts for a little time and then it's back to normal.

He says that he feels angry all the time and I want to help. But then all the shouting is directed towards me!

I love him so much and he can be really sweet, but this is really getting me down.

Thanks x

Teachercreature Thu 04-Apr-13 20:02:02

Average age for puberty is 13-14, but it can be as early as 9, so it could be that.

I've been scratching my head over what to advise, and I think it depends a bit on how you want to go forwards. Do you see this as a case where he most needs support/understanding, or do you feel it's more a behavioural thing that you want to address?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now