Talk

Advanced search

Passive boys

(8 Posts)
36Mumofboys Thu 04-Apr-13 16:14:38

I've bred 2 gentle boys but how do I teach them to deal with more boisterous children??

ChoudeBruxelles Thu 04-Apr-13 16:15:49

How old are they?

36Mumofboys Thu 04-Apr-13 16:17:54

10 & 6

equiliteral Thu 04-Apr-13 16:26:27

Watching with interest. I have a 4.7 year old who is like this. Any sign of an incident in the soft play and he will come out to find me, he gets very upset at other children being unkind (to him or anyone else) - some of it is just perception on his part, and not even really the reality of the situation. He has absolutely no idea how to stick up for himself if another child is mean - he just looks shocked and will run to me / a teacher completely confused about why anyone would be unkind. It's a nice trait, in a way, but I wish he was a bit tougher. I have no advice, I am still searching for a way to teach him to be a bit more assertive (withough being aggressive).

36Mumofboys Thu 04-Apr-13 16:33:48

That's my issue too. I don't want them aggressive but they do get walked over. It worries me when they get to secondary school as they need to not be worried by certain behaviours. My eldest avoids things he wants to play if certain children are playing. I'm pretty non confrontational so probably no surprise!

ChristmasJubilee Fri 05-Apr-13 19:06:57

My ds2 has always been like this. He is 15.8, has lots of friends, has never been bullied although had some problems in early primary school with a "not so nice" boy. He manages very well at secondary school and is very well liked by teachers and other pupils. I don't think you should worry too much in advance. I did and it was stress for nothing.

13lucky Fri 05-Apr-13 21:09:19

Thanks Christmas for your reassuring post. I also have a gentle boy like you all describe and he is due to start primary school in September - I am terrified!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 06-Apr-13 18:07:42

"Give me the boy at 7 and I'll show you the man."

I think that's very true and children change a LOT from toddler to 7 years old.

My quiet, shy, passive DD is 8 now and not the same child she was at 4,5,6 or 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now