Talk

Advanced search

How to keep DD in carseat?!

(8 Posts)
AyeOopMoose Sun 31-Mar-13 21:07:05

DD1 (2.3) has worked out how to ping the car seat belt so that comes undone. I have tried explaining that this is dangerous etc but I'm not sure that this will stop her.

Any ideas what to do? I have visions of being on the motorway and her suddenly appearing round my ears!

Rosa Sun 31-Mar-13 21:13:38

There used to be a cover that you could get...however it was a velcro thing so she could work out how to undo that as well.

DorisIsWaiting Sun 31-Mar-13 21:14:50

I'm sure you can get belt buckle covers (think my dsis used to have one for dnephew (SN) Although she did migrate to magnetic ones that can only be unlocked with a special magnet..

Google buckle covers

AppleAndBlackberry Sun 31-Mar-13 21:24:08

I had a DD who could slip her arms out of her straps at that age. I decided she wasn't old enough to understand the seriousness so I bought a new carseat that she couldn't escape from. What sort of seat is she in at the moment?

AyeOopMoose Sun 31-Mar-13 23:31:12

It's a Cosatto, think it might be Moova or similar. Ironically the cheaper one in the other car is OK......so far.

Have just googled and found Houdini clips grin might be worth a try. She's pressing the button though, not getting her arms out.

NAR4 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:17:09

Tedious, but stop the car every time she does it. I had to do this with DS2 for the same thing and also had to do it for DD for taking her arms out of her straps. You basically have to be more stuborn than them. I told them I couldn't drive the car when they weren't strapped in safely and stopped the car every time they weren't. Buckle covers would be easier and more practical for motorway driving though.

MortifiedAdams Mon 01-Apr-13 18:19:13

Get the really rough side of velcro and glue it, rough side up, onto the button. She wont press the button as it will hurt.

MERLYPUSS Mon 01-Apr-13 21:27:48

I scared the shit out of my two as I said a police man would pull me over and we would have to walk home.
One did it once so I pulled over and said that the police man had seen me, taken down my car number but would let us continue as his brother was being good.
Pretty evil but it did work.
(I like the velcro idea)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now