Talk

Advanced search

Hungover with a nap-refusing toddler. HELP!

(11 Posts)
MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 14:41:41

OK, I know this is self-inflicted and normally I'd think better of getting drunk in the first place if I were in sole charge of 25mo DD the following day, but I do have a good excuse: I buried my friend yesterday. There was a free bar. It got messy.

Why oh why does DD pick today of all days NOT to have a nap? Argh!

Mums, can you feel my pain?

confused

OzmaofOz Thu 28-Mar-13 14:44:46

So sorry to hear about your friend.
This is what CBeebies is made for.
Have you had the obligatory pain killers, greasy food and caffeine ?
Hope you feel better soon.

TanteRose Thu 28-Mar-13 14:45:53

Sorry to hear about your friend sad

Put TV or video on
Get snacks/water
Lie on sofa
Let toddler watch TV while you doze

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 14:47:34

Thank you, Oz, yes I had to have burgers for breakfast. Two. shock I feel so bad just plonking her in front of CBeebies but I think that's all I can do.

Just need to make it through to 5.30 when her Daddy gets home!

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 14:48:00

Sounds good, Tante! x

OzmaofOz Thu 28-Mar-13 14:51:18

It's a one off, I think toddlers need that chill out time just as much as we do sometimes.
Your nearly there now. Less than 3 hours to go.

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 14:54:43

Yes I am counting down with Mr Tumble in the background.

HappyJoyful Thu 28-Mar-13 14:56:26

I feel your pain, it's agonising!

Last time, obviously only not time I've had to deal with hangover and 25mo old DD she was very excited to be able to watch back to back episodes of Peppa Pig. She also has a little tea set that she loves, especially if she has water to play with it too so I just let her have a glass of water on the coffee table and play tea! Put large towel under it to save some mess, but generally let her get on with whatever kept her occupied the longest given my pain!

Don't ever feel guilty, we're all humans and not just Mums and sounds like you had horrendous day yesterday, sorry to hear about your friend, probably still feeling fragile from that so go easy on yourself or you'll get alcoinducednoia aswell which isn't good.

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 14:58:16

Thanks Happy xx

UniqueAndAmazing Thu 28-Mar-13 15:59:49

and of course, you can always have a cuddle together while you're dozing/ slouching on the settee.

sorry about your friend sad

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 16:19:42

Thank you Unique

You've all cheered me up. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now