Talk

Advanced search

Toddler Bedding/Gro Bag Stay on Bedding Set

(6 Posts)
IAteTheCake Thu 28-Mar-13 09:15:04

Has anyone used this? It is a duvet set for toddlers, undersheet zips to the duvet which helps with toddlers not falling out of their toddler bed/first bed. It is a bit pricey but I wondered if it was a good transition to using normal bedding from a sleep bag? I am starting to think about moving dd to cotbed without the side on and this could be a half way there solution? Or is it a waste of money as eventually they need to learn to use normal bedding anyway? Dd is 22 months and waking asking to get out of 'snuggle' which is a sleep bag and cotbed early in the morning. Cotbed is on the lowest setting so she can't climb out but not for want of trying! Interested to see what others think of this solution and their experiences....

equiliteral Thu 28-Mar-13 11:46:46

We had this for DS1 (I'm a sucker for "innovative solutions") when he first moved into a bed, but he really didn't like it. I thought it sounded like a great idea, but he just seemed to hate the concept of a duvet / bieng pinned down (to start with... he's 4.5 now and has been happily snuggling under his duvet for the last couple of years, when he was ready it wasn't an issue). I've seen duvet clips for sale (jojo, possibly?) which look like a cheaper solution to the same problem. Not exactly the same, but for DS2, who loves his sleeping bag, I've bought Dream Tubes and left him in the sleeping bag in a bed - that's working quite well and he doesn't fall out (also not cheap, though!).

CatchTheFox Thu 28-Mar-13 14:26:17

i bought 2 sets of grobag stay on bedding 2nd hand on ebay, and i have to say i wouldn't have paid full price for them. they are very expensive new! especially if you buy the actual grobag brand duvet (we didn't)

my toddler is still in a cotbed too, so i tend to leave one side unzipped anyway because otherwise he wriggles out and can't get back under the covers.

the good point is the way it holds the pillow in place. errr, that's it though really.

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 14:31:49

DD's been in her bed in a Grobag for months. It's fine. They just learn to shuffle when they get out. Made the transition so much easier because she's just not used to covers.

sleepdeprivedby2 Thu 28-Mar-13 14:38:32

Don't waste your money. I looked at these when my son went into his big bed. Save your money and simply turn a normal single quilt around 90 degrees and tuck it into both sides of the bed.

Top tip is to add a blanket to the bottom so if you have to get in with them your feet don't get cold.

Bumpsadaisie Thu 28-Mar-13 21:15:14

I would just buy a duvet. When you move them to a bed you can hardly believe that they will (a) stay in the bed and (b) stay under the covers, but they do.

You can pop in before you go to bed to put covers back on etc.

I don't think you need any fancy transition product really. My DD was 2 when she moved to a big bed - she did lose her duvet a bit at first but it was summer and we would just check and put it back on.

Interestingly she slept much better in a bed and not hemmed in by a grobag. And it didn't occur to her that she could get out of bed herself! (well, not till much later when she was 3.5, but that's another story, ha ha!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now