Talk

Advanced search

Newborn sick after feeds

(6 Posts)
sophiad Wed 27-Mar-13 01:57:24

Evening all, my 9 day old DD is being sick after feeds. Not every single feed, sometimes every other one etc. she's on formula. She doesn't seem too bothered by it and isn't particularly windy. Is this common, is she just bringing up what she doesn't want? X

IcouldstillbeJoseph Wed 27-Mar-13 02:04:34

Is she gaining weight appropriately?

TallGiraffe Wed 27-Mar-13 02:46:42

How much sick? A small posset that is contained by a muslin? Or so much that you and she need a full clothing change including underwear each time?

If the former, totally normal. If the latter then it might be reflux and I'd speak to your HV.

Congratulations!

sophiad Wed 27-Mar-13 03:41:16

She hasn't been weighed since her heel prick last week where shed lost weight but the normal amount for a newborn. It's alot of sick, sometimes seems like the whole feed. Am really worried its reflux also, will call midwife tomorrow

noblegiraffe Wed 27-Mar-13 04:49:16

Try feeding her smaller feeds, more often. My DS would be sick loads if I fed him both sides (bf) to the point it looked like the whole feed, but if I just fed him one side he kept it down.

sophiad Wed 27-Mar-13 14:43:31

She's been weighed and has gained weight since last week so that's a good sign. She isn't really showing any other signs of reflux and usually settles quite well after her feed (whether she's sick or not). I have a feeling she may just be a bit greedy and not know when to stop? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now