Talk

Advanced search

Do your nearly 5 year olds still hit?

(8 Posts)
greener2 Tue 26-Mar-13 20:02:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 26-Mar-13 20:23:37

I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old and to be honest they hit each other every few days yes. It is normal. It's not unusual. Are you having DD assessed at all? What other concerns do you have?

hillyhilly Tue 26-Mar-13 20:26:49

I also have an 8& a 5 yr old and it is the 8 yr old girl who hits far more (out of frustration)

tigersmummy Tue 26-Mar-13 20:33:13

My DS is 5 and doesn't hit now - he went through a bad period of hitting around 3 though. However my nephew is 5.5 and still hits. He is very sly about it and will hit my DS and his own brother but then denies it. I don't think at 5 it is normal and shouldn't be condoned IMO. Finding an underlying reason is a good place to start as that would help your understanding. Good luck.

greener2 Tue 26-Mar-13 20:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 26-Mar-13 22:10:53

how is she getting on socially in school? Is she making friends?

She sounds rather like my DD1...VERY bright, very articulate...I worried she was on the spectrum for a long time due to "quirks". She's not....she's just very bright, sensitive and has a wicked temper.

She was hard at 5...now she's 8 she is SO much easier. Has DD made friends at school?

Meglet Tue 26-Mar-13 22:20:18

Yes. 4.6yo DD still hits me sometimes. She's fine at nursery. Fingers crossed school will do her the world of good when she starts school in Sept.

6.5yo DS doesn't hit me very often these days, I suppose I get hit / kicked a couple of times a week. Again, he's fine at school, excellent report and very bright.

I am concerned they're both on the spectrum but nothing has been flagged up at school.

neomaxi I'm going to cling on to your words and look forward to DD being 8. <<Counts the days>>

anonymosity Wed 27-Mar-13 00:03:00

My DS (now 6) never hit anyone
My DD (now 5) tried hitting DS a few times when she was 3. I was extremely stern about this and there were always consequences, so she stopped.

I don't know what to suggest but I don't think you can work it out on here, should probably speak to the doctor and see if they can recommend anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now