Talk

Advanced search

Rant re feeding.... sorry

(4 Posts)
mummy2benji Tue 26-Mar-13 15:08:45

Dd2 is 5 months and while she is on ranitidine for reflux, has fed (formula now) fairly well up until a week ago, despite illnesses with bronchiolitis and norovirus. I am presuming that she is teething as she hasn't been herself for a few days, we've had a couple of nights of inconsolable screaming (until the brufen kicked in - calpol didn't help), and she has been chewing everything and dribbling for a few weeks now. What I am finding so hard is that she is refusing to feed - just isn't interested, either pushes the bottle away or drinks 2-3oz and then fights with the bottle. I could probably handle this if ds1 hadn't had severe feeding difficulties as a baby due to silent reflux - he developed a feeding phobia, refused to drink milk and kept being admitted to hospital with dehydration and needing feeding tubes. My head is telling me that this is not the same, but I am starting to inwardly panic that I am going to have another baby who refuses to feed. Please reassure me I'm being silly and that other teething babies do this! Thanks for listening.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Tue 26-Mar-13 15:12:57

Yeah sounds like teething to me. Hope the tooth pops soon!

TheBakeryQueen Tue 26-Mar-13 22:05:16

As soon as she shows signs of not wanting the bottle just leave it. If she's had 2/3oz, she won't dehydrate. You may need to feed more frequently though.

Try teething gel or granules before a feed.

Also freeze some cubes of milk into those feeding nets so she can bite on something frozen, safely, and get some milk at same time.

mummy2benji Wed 27-Mar-13 10:08:27

That's a good idea, I'll try that. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now