Talk

Advanced search

Your experiences of teething...

(6 Posts)
mummy2benji Mon 25-Mar-13 08:55:22

Dd2 is 5 months and has morphed from a happy, smiley little baby into a fractious, screaming monster and seems to be teething. She has been chewing everything and dribbling for a couple of weeks but is now drinking less milk than usual and fighting her bottle, generally more unhappy and last night she screamed for two hours solid until she exhausted herself / calpol kicked in and she fell asleep. Up during the night needing more calpol and dentinox.

I just don't remember teething with ds1 being this awful! He had feeding difficulties and wouldn't drink milk anyway, so I can't compare their feeding. Did your lo's go off their milk while teething? Just wanting some teething stories really for reassurance and support! Thanks smile

Teatimecakes Mon 25-Mar-13 15:38:28

My DS is the same age and has also undergone a personality transplant now teething has kicked in. Refusing bottles, super clingy, up every 2 hours during the night.... Never ending dramas from a previously calm, happy, great sleeping baby.... Hope it ends soon. The eye cream is bloody expensive! Lol!

Thumbtack Tue 26-Mar-13 08:40:38

My ds is also same age (5.5mo) and has changed dramatically, it's hard to keep him happy and is furiously trying to bite everything and sticks his whole fist in his mouth! I find it heartbreaking as I can't tell him what's happening iyswim, he does like to chew/ mouth a cold slice of thickly cut cucumber to soothe mouth,( under supervision)

Teatimecakes Tue 26-Mar-13 09:04:00

I will try the cucumber idea - my DS still finds in hard to hold teething toys and is better with smaller things

Ladyhawke127 Tue 26-Mar-13 11:42:05

I have amber teething beads. They are worn as a necklace on knotted cotton thread, and are not ment to be chewed, just worn against his skin. The change in little hawks personality was amazing, almost overnight. He put 5 teeth through in 4 weeks without too much fuss at all. They ar nit for everyone, but I ave found them to be a god send. Good lucj

Thumbtack Tue 26-Mar-13 15:00:38

I find myself holding it for him tbh! He really bites (gums?) down on it, I'm not sure whether it's better to keep skin on it or not, I've done it both ways because obv choking scares me! Funny though he seems to be in a really good mood today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now