Talk

Advanced search

Big gap in teething...?

(6 Posts)
JacqueslePeacock Fri 22-Feb-13 20:04:55

Reassure me please. My DS's first teeth came through at 10 months (bottom two central ones, followed by top two) and the next ones at 11 months (top laterals). He's now nearly 18mo and has no more teeth!

We've basically had a 6-month gap in teeth arriving, although we constantly seem to have signs of teething. Is this normal? No new teeth for 6 months and only 6 teeth in total? All the other 18mos we know have a whole mouth full of gnashers.

fififrog Fri 22-Feb-13 20:59:25

Not quite the same here, but DD's teeth seem to have been pretty unusual in the she had first bottom middle one at 10 months, the adjacent one at 11 months, then the outside pair of incisors on top at 13 months, then the remaining 4 incisors and 4 molars all in a great bunch at about 15 months. Then canines over about a month at 21 months. I think they come through quite differently depending on the child. Our friend's little boy had that whole lot appear gradually one by one by about 16 months.

Also we have had more than one tooth appear then retract again. I thought I was going mad til it happened a second time. The dentist said to me "I had no idea they could do that!"

If you're worried why not ask your dentist?

MimsyBorogroves Fri 22-Feb-13 21:10:36

My 14 month old only has 2 bottom teeth. They came through around a year old. We've had teething-type behaviour, nasty nappies and an awful facial rash from all the dribbling, but no more teeth.

janey223 Sat 23-Feb-13 11:44:07

DS got his bottom two at 6months and top two at 12 months.

He's 14 months and has been teething pretty constantly since he was 2 months x

theowlworrier Sat 23-Feb-13 23:30:25

DD (almost 1)got the bottom two bang on 6 months, then about a month later the top two. Then nothing for aaaages. She has however been not herself since the beginning of feb really, and in the last week, 8 of the buggers have popped through. No wonder she was miserable sad speaking to other people in my mum and baby group, it seems to differ wildly!

JacqueslePeacock Mon 25-Feb-13 14:06:02

This is making me feel a bit better, although slightly nervous that we'll get 8 through at once or something equally hideous. He has been a bit grumpy, dribbly, chewy, off his food and unsettled for weeks and weeks, and his nappies are very nasty - but no sign of teeth. I'm afraid the dentist would laugh at me for taking in a baby with almost no teeth to have his bare gums examined! I'm sure there are some teeth in there somewhere and he won't be a toothless 10 year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now