Talk

Advanced search

2.2yr old dd and healthy snacks

(9 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Wed 16-Jan-13 12:45:50

She's poorly at the minute with HFMD. But even when she's well her appetite isn't fab. She had always been a fab eater.. Bt recently she's not interested in.. Anything healthy really. I try to offer a range of fruits, veggies, snacks things but she always refuses fruit.

It doesn't help that she has a 'taste' for chocolate. I'll admit she has some occasionally but nothing major. It's other family members that give it her when I'm not there.

What can I do to get her to ENJOY eating fruit veg and healthier things.?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 12:49:01

Not offer anything else? If mine are offered fruit as a snack and they refuse they know there's nothing else coming their way.

Not sure what HFMD is though, but if she's ill, just give her what she fancies and sort out her fussiness later,

Do you snack on fruit too?

MoelFammau Wed 16-Jan-13 13:43:40

What about sticky dates? There are EAT bars in the Free Form section at supermarkets made with dates, dried fruits and a bit of cocoa - gluten and dairy free. DD is lactose intolerant and thinks they're better than chocolate biscuits (which she was addicted to for a bit).

MoelFammau Wed 16-Jan-13 13:47:05

Also, peanut butter? DD is a massive fan of brown toast smudged with peanut butter. And cheesy oatcakes. And pomegranate seeds.

Littleraysofsunshine Wed 16-Jan-13 20:31:20

Hand, foot & mouth. Looks similar to chicken pox.

I do try to snack on fruit.

Littleraysofsunshine Wed 16-Jan-13 20:34:10

I sometimes feel like I am so busy I forget to eat. But I always offer her fruit and even say oh let's eat together but she'll refuse.

Saying that, we both enjoyed a tub of strawberries earlier. But she never willingly ASKS for fruit and healthy things. It's always choc which I say no, or cheese she loves, or juice/water. Or things like yoghurt,

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 21:27:24

Well mine don't often ask for fruit but they do eat loads. I make sure they have things like grapes with a sandwich, bananas in the car, fruit when we get in from school etc. we do have treats but if you are hungry between meals its fruit in our house sorry.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 21:27:48

Or a carrot grin

Iggly Thu 17-Jan-13 17:35:46

Why are other family members giving her chocolate? Tell them to stop.
Try chopping up fruit into little bits, maybe give her some in a colourful bowl so looks appealing?

Hide veg in whizzed up tomato sauce to have with pasta?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now