Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Got Dr's appt to discuss 5yo DD's anxiety. Any advice please?

(3 Posts)
fuzzpig Thu 10-Jan-13 17:16:11

Sorry I know there is a support thread for this but I can't see where it is!

DD has been getting more and more anxious over the last few months and it's really starting to worry me (yes I do see the irony!) as it is affecting her everyday life now sad

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of this in such a young child. I have chosen a doctor who I know is thorough and sympathetic, and I also made it during school time so DD will not be there this time. I have experience of CAMHS but I was a teen by then (although I certainly could've done with help at a younger age, but that's a whole other thread) - what are they likely to do for a 5yo? Even if she doesn't get any treatment herself I really need some professional advice on how to help her through this.

Anxiety has plagued my life, I don't want to see her suffer.

jellyrolly Thu 10-Jan-13 19:28:47

Hi fuzzypig, I don't have the same experience but similar in that I went to the gp to talk about my 7yr old DSs anger and anxiety a couple of weeks ago.

He asked us both to go and was I found it helpful. Without going into too much boring detail, the gp focussed on how I could alter my behaviour in order to provide a calmer atmosphere for DS.

I felt I had got to a point where it was really affecting us all which perhaps played a part in changing things at home.

The gp gave me a lot of confidence in what I was doing right and allowed me to figure out what I could change to do better.

I think we get scared when we see little children displaying negative emotions but all feelings are normal; the fact that you are understanding and supportive of your daughter will likely mean she won't suffer. Good luck.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 11-Jan-13 14:17:48

I will find and bump the support thread fuzzsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now