Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me this is a phase

(8 Posts)
GoldPlatedNineDoors Mon 31-Dec-12 12:28:01

«pulling hair out»

Dd is one and the last week has started tantrumming, asks to be up and then when on my starts scratching my neck, fighting naps, touching stiff she shpuldnt and going "no no no no" while doing so.

Arg!

Tee2072Thing Mon 31-Dec-12 12:29:54

Welcome to toddlerhood!

At this age everythings a phase.

Moominsarehippos Mon 31-Dec-12 12:31:26

It only lasts about, where are we now, seven years?

Its just a phase. Be calm and firm. This too will pass.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Mon 31-Dec-12 12:31:57

Is she a toddler yet? shock she isnt toddling!

Yesterday she was happily eating a banana til she spied some chocolate and then stropped when I wouldnt give her any. Five minutes later she was chomping on the banana again.

Moominsarehippos Mon 31-Dec-12 12:35:49

She is testing you... Be firm!

GoldPlatedNineDoors Mon 31-Dec-12 12:40:06

I am. All scratching was met with "No. Don't hurt Mammy" and I put her on the floor. Seems she is a bit too young to remember what I will say "no" too so it just means I will be repeating it a lot grin

Dh is away for the next fortnight so maybe she is testing me as im the only one around.

lizzywig Mon 31-Dec-12 19:29:21

You have just described my life! Except my dd has decided to give up most food - we are having a battle of wills. It's hard but i think if you put the work in now and be firm then hopefully it will pay off. I may need reminding of this in a couple of weeks!

GoldPlatedNineDoors Mon 31-Dec-12 19:37:35

Haha, maybe we should start a support thread for troublesome one year olds.

I practically threw her at MIL who is babysitting tonight while I work. True to form - she has been a little angel for her grin

I know, short term pain for long term gain considers this as the Motto of said support group

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now