Talk

Advanced search

16 month old DS - table with chairs or booster seat

(7 Posts)
lovemynathy Fri 28-Dec-12 18:01:34

Hi, I have a dilemma. We need to get rid of our high chair. I was sure to get him plastic table with chair from mothercare, but then I saw mothercare travel booster seat and I thought is great as you can put it on the floor and he can seat in it like in a little seat plus removable table and straps would keep him in. But from another side maybe it's time for him to become more independed and seat at the proper little table. But booster seat is £20 cheaper and I could get a table and chair on carboot when they start in the spring. Please HELP. I already got the table and chair (£40), havent unpack them yet, but feel I should get a booster first that he get used to seat in one place before proper table?????????? I am torn apart!

JingleJohnsJulie Fri 28-Dec-12 18:32:53

Why can't he sit at the table with you?

lovemynathy Fri 28-Dec-12 18:41:22

He would in a booster seat, but I thought the purpose of the children table is to let them be independent that they are able to seat by themselves and do drawing etc as well as having dinner

JingleJohnsJulie Fri 28-Dec-12 18:50:16

Mine have had a small table for colouring etc but we always eat at the dining table. Never had a complaint about wanting to be more independent in 9 years grin. In fact the DC enjoy sitting and eating together.

LittleChristmasBearPad Fri 28-Dec-12 18:52:22

Um. It's probably not worth being so stressed out by this. Won't a booster seat be better both at home and out and about.

JingleJohnsJulie Fri 28-Dec-12 18:59:28

Think you might be grin.

We had a clippasafe dining chair harness with dc1. Dc2 was a professional escape artist so used to just sit on my knee. Most places you can buy food do have a highchair, so its not really worth worrying too muchsmile

lovemynathy Fri 28-Dec-12 21:58:01

Just wanted to report I solved the problem, gosh feel so silly. Cheeky mothercare sells table and chairs separately. So I am gonna get the table and a booster seat, as a boosted seat can be as a little chair. Thanks to everyone who took time to reply :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now