Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My 18mo DS prefers men

(5 Posts)
FredKiller Thu 27-Dec-12 19:58:33

Is this normal? He loves me and his nanny lots and he adores my dad and his own dad obviously. But in a room with unfamiliar people/relatives he'll always seek out a man to play with him. Interestingly, it's not the same with other children, he shows no preference for fellow little boys or girls and is equally interested in either.

Can't see anything online about having a preference for a specific sex, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

BeataNoxPotter Thu 27-Dec-12 20:12:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappyAsASandboy Thu 27-Dec-12 20:12:40

My DTS much prefers men to women. He loves nothing more than following his Dad or Grandad around, but will also choose men at a social gathering rather than me or any other women.

I think little boys spend so much time with adult women. In the main (and I know this is a generalisation), boys are looked after my Mum, Grandma, a female nanny, or female nursery staff. Their Health Visitor is also usually female, as are children's centre staff, practice nurses who give injections .... it goes on and on. I quite like it that DTS chooses to make the most of the male company he can find!

I don't think this is anything to worry about, he's just being sociable smile

BeataNoxPotter Thu 27-Dec-12 20:24:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FredKiller Thu 27-Dec-12 20:28:42

grin That's just it. He keeps bugging men to play choo choos, when they'd much rather sit on the sofa with a beer.

You're probably right, it's probably a reaction to all the female input he gets the rest of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now