Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Up the back...

(10 Posts)
flipflopson5thavenue Sat 22-Dec-12 22:48:17

I don't know where to post this thread I'm afraid but here goes.

Every time - and I mean every time - my DS poos it goes up the back of his nappy, out of the back of his nappy and all over his clothes. He's 5 months old and this has pretty much been the case since the start.

He's ebf and his poo is quite runny so I imagine this doesn't help. Often I open his nappy and it's almost as if he hasn't pooed til I life his bottom and there it all is - all up the back.

We use pampers and apart from this poo issue they seem fine and he's comfortable in them.

Has anyone else found this with pampers? Am I not doing them up tight enough?? I'll start trying different brands and all that but am just curious as to why this happens all the time!

Maybe my DS just has a really long bum crack that acts as a conduit out of the nappy....?

Pochemuchka Sat 22-Dec-12 23:00:01

Ha ha DD was exactly like this and it was ridiculously difficult to get the lovely yellow stain out of the baby grow as well.
I'd just try a bunch of different nappies as Pampers worked for us but Huggies and boots didn't.
Am now wondering if DC3 will have the same explosive bowels as DD! smile

ZuleikaD Sun 23-Dec-12 07:11:43

Yes, try different nappies. Supermarket own brands are often better than the named brands, I find. Tescos own work well for us.

JellyMould Sun 23-Dec-12 07:26:54

I had the same problem with pampers and prefer tescos or sainsbury own brand

MERLYPUSS Sun 23-Dec-12 08:01:34

Some supermarket brands have elasticated backs. Ask at baby groups. I remember using Asda, Sainsburys, Lidl and Aldi over branded types. Cant remember which was best though - sorry.

Bibs123 Sun 23-Dec-12 18:19:08

Asda little angels are good and cheap. I realised that they are better and cheaper anf contain things better. I also use the lidls ones and sainsburys own.

Grange Sun 23-Dec-12 18:27:32

I found folding the frilly top of the nappy over (towards baby's body) helped stop this. It then forms a sort of barrier for escaped poo. Hope I've described that ok?

Mobly Sun 23-Dec-12 18:36:18

I think you might not be fastening it snug enough or you might need a bigger size?

PhilMckrakin Sun 23-Dec-12 20:35:47

You need to go up a size in nappies. When 8mth old dd's nappies start leaking up the back or around the legs, going up a size always seems to resolve it.

BrainGoneAwol Sun 23-Dec-12 22:52:05

Alternatively you could try washables. They're really not much trouble once you've the hang of them, and we've never had a poo leak - which has happened in disposable. They're really not that much trouble smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now