Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Biting baby

(3 Posts)
Nigglenaggle Mon 17-Dec-12 20:35:23

I have a very mouthy 9mth old, he has teeth now and sometimes he bites quite hard!! Obviously it is not meant maliciously at the moment, much of it is teething behaviour, but also it cannot be allowed to continue!! Currently we let him know when it hurts (and tell him off such that he cries) and offer something more appropriate to bite instead. He isnt into teethers at all, but will chew/suck on a dummy. My problem is that it doesnt show signs of abating - is this likely to happen naturally as his teeth improve? I also dont want to tell him off for non-painful mouthing, as there is a fine line between his sloppy kisses and a gentle nibble, and I dont want to chastise his attempts to show affection. Any advice from those who have been there?

BigGums Mon 17-Dec-12 20:54:39

My Ds went through a stage of this but it was only for a short time. Did not really do much other than show he hurt me and say no and he got through it. Weird stage!

TheMysteryCat Mon 17-Dec-12 21:00:23

Scream, loudly when he does it! He won't understand being told off.

Or put him down and walk away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now