Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should i drop my 2 year olds nap?

(6 Posts)
BigGums Wed 12-Dec-12 13:56:08

Ds has always been a good sleeper. He sleeps 7.30pm til 8.30am ish every night with a 2.5hr afternoon nap. He still is fine about going to bed but has recently started crying about going for a nap.

He will go to sleep still and stay asleep for 2 or so hours so does this mean he still needs other?

I dropped his nap the other day and he was not as grumpy as expected and went to sleep still at 730.

He has been poorly recently too.

So should i drop the nap? Make it later (which i worry will make him not go to bed ok as as it is he wakes from his nap at 4) or persevere??

WowOoo Wed 12-Dec-12 13:59:56

If it starts interfering with his bedtime I would.
But he seems to need it at the moment. Perhaps wait until he's fully recovered.
Why do you want to drop it?
Both mine dropped their daytime naps at 1 year and I was gutted. if they slept in the daytime it meant not being able to go to bed at a usual time..sometimes 9 ish simply because of 1hr in the day.
You could always cut it to 1hr as a compromise.

BigGums Wed 12-Dec-12 14:21:53

I don't want to drop it at all!! I love the break. I don't want him in his cot crying before nap time ruining him wanting to go to bed if that makes sense?

He's my first and i wasn't sure if he's not showing tiredness at all before a nap and not grumpy not having a nap meant i should drop it. I don't want to upset him just for my benefit? I'm just not sure how i'm meant to know if he needs it or not?

Thanks for your response and sorry if I'm not making sense!

BigGums Wed 12-Dec-12 14:24:10

And if i wake him early after a nap he cries for about half an hour.

His naps don't interfere with going to bed but sometimes he seems to be awake for about an hour before going to sleep at night

familyfun Wed 12-Dec-12 14:53:18

my dd1 dropped her naps at 2.5 but her nap did get later and later till i cut it as it interfered with bedtime.
dd2 is 2.0 and still needs 2 hrs a day, she doesnt get too grumpy without it but when put in cot falls asleep within 5 mins so is clearly tired.
smile

BigGums Wed 12-Dec-12 14:58:55

That's what he used to do sad

Well he hasn't had a nap today so we'll see how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now