Talk

Advanced search

Seem to be going backwards with 16 week old

(4 Posts)
Firsttimemum2012 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:53:15

DS is 16 weeks old and generally a happy little soul. He has been EBF with a bottle of expressed milk once or twice a week - always taken the bottle really well. Has always loved his evening baths. We have just returned from a 2 week break with my parents. We borrowed a small baby bath whilst there and I generally breastfed as we were out and about a great deal.

Since we returned home at the weekend he has not been himself. He is now refusing a bottle - which is an absolute disaster as I am supposed to be increasing his bottles in preparation for going back to work in 4 weeks - and cries when we put him in the bath - even though everything is the same as before we went away.

I am not sure what to do - DH very helpfully said it was my fault for insisting we go at with my parents!

Any advice?

GailTheGoldfish Tue 20-Nov-12 20:38:05

Give it a bit of time, he will settle back into the routine at home in a few days I'm sure. Do you think he might be a bit under the weather? Or any evidence of teething?

narmada Tue 20-Nov-12 22:29:13

Sorry to be the bearer of (possibly) bad news but it is far from uncommon for babies to start refusing bottles at around the 3-4 month mark, even if they have had them regularly until this point. They have worked out by this age what's what! YOu could actually go straight to a spouty/sippy/ doidy cup if he will take that easier.

I don't think it's anything to do with going away.

Re the bath - well, they do go through these phases unfortunately smile - DS was very happy to go in the bath and have his hair washed for, ooh, ages. Then he realised he didn't like it that much and now screams his head off when I wash his hair!

It's turned quite cold - is the heating on in the room where he has his bath so he is not cold when he's gotten out.

lollystix Wed 21-Nov-12 09:12:17

yes the secret is just when you think you've worked them out they change the rules on you. Don't stress it's not something you've done. Has his sleep gone to pot yet too? - 4 month sleep regression was fun with all of mine. Just when you're on you're knees and all the happy endorphins have worn off...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now