Talk

Advanced search

I've sent them to bed...

(5 Posts)
blindinglight Tue 20-Nov-12 19:35:24

My boys bicker just like anyone else's children I presume. DS1 is 4yrs and DS2 is 2.5yrs. DS2 still has breastmilk and that is how I usually get him to sleep. DH puts him to bed sometimes so he can go to sleep without it. DS4 has 'always' needed someone to be in the room with him while he nods off.

Tonight, after dinner, they did not stop arguing and squealing I had enough and put them to bed on their own. I told them to stay in their room, they can play for a while and learn to get along and it's time to go to sleep!

There has been tears and lots of them... I'm struggling to believe I didn't over react. What do you think?

blindinglight Tue 20-Nov-12 19:42:53

sorry that DS1 (who is 4) that has always needed someone with him to nod off

OlderNotWiser Tue 20-Nov-12 19:46:06

Hmm. Think actually your new approach may be better in the long run smile They do seem to have a lot of power at the mo - mum/dad must do this or that OR WE WONT SLEEP!!

blindinglight Tue 20-Nov-12 20:26:02

DS2 said he was thirsty so I brought up water, ended up sitting with him till we went to sleep. Sucker.

blindinglight Tue 20-Nov-12 20:28:34

till *he went to sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now