Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toys / other items for 6 mths plus for Christmas

(11 Posts)
WhatWouldCaitlinDo Sun 18-Nov-12 19:38:02

Family have very kindly started to ask what we would like for our baby for Christmas. She will be 6 mths old and I have no idea what toys / other things we will need by then. She loves her activity mat and bouncy chair at the moment - what's the next stage? I'd like to get things which she will get lots of use out of. She has lots of books, which she really enjoys already, so other educational ideas would be good.

I thought maybe a high chair, or one of those seats you put on a normal chair (we have a small flat).

Ideas gratefully received!

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Sun 18-Nov-12 19:50:04

Wow, your 6 month old enjoys books? Now i'm worried, mine only uses books for teething!

WhatWouldCaitlinDo Sun 18-Nov-12 20:15:44

She loves the pictures - it's very cute watching her touching the pages and squealing in delight. She does chew them as well. Winnie the Pooh is getting a bit dog-eared from dribble!

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Sun 18-Nov-12 20:32:52

Blimey. Mine doesn't notice the pictures, it's just all about the chewing. Clearly raising a little genius.

HKat Mon 19-Nov-12 13:22:47

I can't offer any advice (helpful much?! Sorry)but as my DD is exactly same age as yours we gave exactly the same issue, so marking my place with interest! smile

notcitrus Mon 19-Nov-12 13:37:48

For a first baby: booster seat/high chair. Can get portable boosters for travel/eating out.
Stacking cups. Jigsaw puzzle where the pieces have pegs to go in holes.
Bath book, pouring bath toys, musical toys that sound OK.
Nice blanket or quilt, size 18-36mo grobags.
Toy storage units!

For baby no. 2 I have no idea - clothes and more storage I think!

HearMyRoar Mon 19-Nov-12 15:57:04

We've asked for clothes from everyone as dd goes through them at an alarming rate, everyone loves buying cute little person outfits, it's very flexible budget wise, and if it's horrid we can hide it in a drawer for a while and then claim she's out grown it. Win! grin

Khaterine Mon 19-Nov-12 16:02:02

You can buy some soft cubes with different animations to stimulate your baby’s imagination. Your baby will find numerous ways to play and this will improve its’ creativity and orientation skills. Also different textures will develop the baby’s’ sense of touch. Or you can try a musical toy. The baby will enjoy it.

Penelope1980 Tue 20-Nov-12 08:11:17

My 13 month old got these at about 7 months and have been his fave toy ever since

mumnme.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=183_188&products_id=2398&zenid=ollt37d6vmp4tq8qe542m61471

penny1989 Tue 20-Nov-12 09:15:04

at 6months I bought my boy thoses mimic car keys/remote control and phone. stopped him trying to grab mine all the time. also a ball that rolled itself and sang, absolutly hypnotised him!

Harperseventy Tue 20-Nov-12 21:40:53

My daughter loved the fisher price counting pig that u slot money into. She still picks it up now! (Age 2.9!!!) grin think they sell it in boots 3 for 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now